Friday, December 21, 2007

Glory to the Newborn King

This year, Christmas has ministered to my heart in some fresh and new ways. I have found myself shedding new tears over this birth that I've read about so many times. I have been literally taken back and in awe at contemplating what took place 2,000 years ago - so many miracles that occurred. Faithful followers of Jehovah - who found themselves walking by faith and not exactly sure where they would end up. Mary, Joseph, Elizabeth, Zachariah, the Wise Men...all took faith journeys...all might have been mocked and forsaken in their communities...by accepting and enduring the path the Lord had called them to.

I have thought so much about sending Christmas cards out and have not been able to get to it, but if I did, these are the words I would say. I believe this familiar carol says it so perfectly - glorifies Immanuel in the highest - and brings me to my knees in worship! I just want to bring glory in the highest to our Newborn King. That is my prayer for we in our family and for those of you who might read this..."Hail the heavenborn Prince of Peace. Hail the Son of righteousness!"

Christ, by Highest heaven adored
Christ the Everlasting Lord

Late in time behold Him come
Offspring of the Favored One

Veiled in flesh, the Godhead see
Hail the incarnate Deity

Pleased, as man with men to dwell
Jesus, our Immanuel

Hark the Herald Angels Sing
Glory to the Newborn King


Hail the heaven born Prince of Peace
Hail the Son of righteousness!

Light and life to all He brings
Risen with healing in His wings

Mild He lays His glory by
Born that man no more may die

Born to raise the sons of Earth
Born to give them second birth

Hark the Herald Angels Sing
Glory to the Newborn King

1 comment:

Cayce said...

I love your blog! I feel up to date with you and your sweet family. Thank you for your charge to revisit Christmas fresh and new. I do love the Christmas hymns! Merry Christmas!