Thursday, April 29, 2010

Who Knew?

A creative friend has organized an activity bag swap-out for the summer. There are 17 moms participating and therefore we each put together 17 bags complete with all things needed for our activities. In turn, my household will reap the benefits this summer of 17 activities already thought out and put together for me!!

So my activity "requires" a clipboard. That's 17 clipboards, which I don't have so obviously I need to purchase.
I will have you know that clipboards are pricey!
I mean, really, how much would you pay for this?
I wasn't hoping to spend a fortune. But I actually found these things in stores for $9.99!!! That would be more than $170. Uh no. So I actually went to 5 different places. Target - too expensive. Rite Aid - not any available. Walgreens - too expensive. I finally found some at Office Depot in a pack of 3 for $4. I ended up spending $27 which was more than I had hoped, but less than I began to see was possible.

This will be the most appreciated scavenger hunt this family has ever endeavored.

And I really wanted to help someone else out that might be in the same predicament.
Note - Amazon has them for less than $1/piece.

No comments: