Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wes' Snake Tale


Because I think the world of my husband and really only for that reason am I going to share this story.
I am not by any means fond of snakes.
I don't even like to talk about them.

But
I have a very manly, masculine husband
and again, I think the world of him.
I think he is brave and I think he is an excellent decision maker when it comes to pressure and stressful situations.
He also has an adventurous heart, which I love.

That being said, his snake tale begins.
So Wes and a few other men took the Uptown church youth boys on a camping trip.
(For what its worth, I was with the youth girls at a hotel having our overnighter)
The boys were hanging out by the water at night doing boy things.
One guy, Patrick is playing with a frog. He spots a snake swimming closely by.
It is a brown water snake (not poisonous).
Wes, moves everyone back away from the water and (because he is who he is) chunks a large rock at the snake.
The rock hits the snake directly and chunks it under water.
A few seconds later the underside of the snake slowly rises to the water.
Dead.
Again, Wes makes sure all are standing back and (because he is who he is) pulls the dead snake out of the water (with a stick.)
Chops the head off.
Buries it (wasn't sure if it was poisonous at this point - it closely resembles a water moccasin)

And wouldn't you know it.
2 frog legs are sticking out of the throat.
Wes (of course) pulls the legs out.
A frog goes hopping off.
It was alive!
Looking more inside of the snake, another frog (alive) is pulled out and hops off.
This continues until a total of 4 alive frogs go hopping off.
Still. more.
There was a dead frog.
Then another one.
And THIS continues until a total of 5 dead frogs are pulled out.

So this snake had eaten 9 frogs before it swam near my husband and his life, would drastically end.

So what does one do at this point?
Well, if you're Wes Andrews you skin it.
So all of the boys skinned this pour snake.

Then what does one do?
Well they each took a section of its skin.
For their keepsake.

And then what?
Wes coiled it up.
Cooked it over a fire.

And they ate it.

6 comments:

Cayce said...

i'm laughing out loud. this is so so great. thanks for sharing.

Liz said...

nice....some things never change;)

Gray said...

I bet those other 5 frogs were alive until the rock hit them upside the head while riding inside the snake! Awesome job for Wes "Bear Grylls" Andrews.

Lindsay Adams said...

I CANNOT believe that!!!!!!!! What a great story.

Lindsay Adams said...

I CANNOT believe that!!!! What a great story. Wes is so crazy. He thinks of things that would just never enter my mind.

Shannon said...

No WAY!!! That is one of the craziest snake stories I've ever heard! Okay, so I haven't heard a lot, but that one's pretty good! :)