Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One Year



What a difference 1 year can make.
We are thankful (me especially) to be here and not a year behind.
We have our daughter.
We have journeyed through another year of seminary.

I can't believe how much difference a year can make. I am thankful to have a one-year-old Lalla. She is sweet, smart, a good eater, loves her brothers, and they love her. She says "Da da, uh-oh, na na (mama) and duh! She's a wonderful sleeper.
We love our Lalla!

this is an excerpt from my journal (a year and 2 days ago - 8/8/10)

"I honestly thought I'd be in labor by now or even have a baby! Wes and I spent the entire night in the hospital only to be sent home. How disappointed I am. I mean really so. I don't even feel many non-painful contractions at the moment. Mom came all the way here, Mary came over - both of which lost a good bit's sleep. And here I sit - labor - LESS. I am so confused - having had many painful contractions work towards...nothing. Ugh. I feel foolish - unaware of what my body is doing and over anxious. Even more so, as if I've inconvenienced everyone! Lord, I'm asking boldly for You to bring labor - real labor - upon my body today! And that this baby would be delivered today!

The Lord brought Lalla into our lives 2 days later.
On her due date.
8/10/10

No comments: