Wednesday, July 1, 2009

414th Chapter Closed.




We closed on our home this week.
All the memories.
All the hardships.
All the moments. Both joyful and horrifying.
A house can represent so much.
For me, it was a season.

Before Wes and I left our 414 Park Avenue address for the last time, we walked through the empty rooms, one by one and gave thanks to the Lord.

The kitchen. where I was reminded of Wyatt learning to make pancakes with Wes. And family dinners where we'd all be singing, loudly, hysterically.
The bathrooms - where I was reminded of the MANY potty-training failures (mostly from me) and successes. Through which the Lord showed me that His power is made perfect in my weakness.
Wes' and my closet - which served as our Walker's nursery his first 6 months of life. Where I watched him sleep, countless times.
Walker's room - which was also our guest room - where he learned to soothe himself to sleep at 9 months. And also where many a guest stayed. I thanked the Lord for providing such a place to house our friends from the nearest of them, to the farthest - from the smallest of them to the largest of them.
Wyatt's room - where he became a little boy. His room began as a nursery and became a big boy room. He learned to sleep in a bed. He gave up his paci. Where many nights we ran up there, fearful of sickness - and I praised the Lord that EVERY time our Wyatt was healed. All the "room time" he had in that sweet room - where I'd come up to get him out and he'd be reading his books and singing "here I am to worship..." in his high little voice.

Praise the Lord. For all that He did in that home. He lead us there. He guided us while we stayed there. And He made it clear when He began to lead us away.

Wyatt saw his first snow in this house.
Walker learned to crawl in this house.
Brighton jumped over our backyard fence 367 times there.
Wes adorned its walls with sweet post-it notes on my birthday.
We hosted many a LOST night there.
Wes walked to work so many times.
Wyatt and I chalked on the sidewalk weekly.
Wes made red pancakes for Valentines day.
Wyatt had 2 birthday parties there.
We brought our Walker home from the hospital there.

Oh the memories.
Oh the work of the Lord.
What a sweet, fulfilling, monumental chapter in our life.
Time to close it. And open the next.
Thank you Father, for 414 Park Ave.

"He is before all things. And in Him, all things hold together."
Colossians 1:17

*we have not actually moved to Charlotte yet. We will be in Florence for 6 more weeks. Wes' last day at work is August 13. *

5 comments:

rita and andy said...

I needed a good cry this morning, thanks!! :0) What sweet precious memories, thanks for sharing! Glad to be a part of the 414th chapter/season of your life!

Cayce said...

Praise the Lord, Sage! I was blessed by this post. Love you and look forward to all the memories in your new home.

Our4GreatKids said...

Sage, I love this post... reminded me of our recent move. I admire your trust and faith in God... and as always, your sweet attitude you have towards life. You and your family will be missed and we wish you the best of luck in your new home making new memories!

Jason, Jessica, Isabella and Elisabeth said...

Sage--your posts are always so sweet and thought provoking! I know that we so rarely see each other, but I will miss just knowing that you are in town--are running into you occasionally!!

Courtney said...

there was so little distance between cheraw and park. it took no time at all for the inhabitants of each of these homes to become the best of friends. we loved that house, amazingly even before you were there, but your family is what made it the special house that it is. i love you.