Thursday, March 11, 2010

Baby Girl


On Monday Wes and I heard the words:
"You're having a princess."

I could not have been more stunned.
Well okay, Wes was more stunned.
But really, I was so caught off guard.

My pregnancy with our little girl has been SO SIMILAR to my pregnancies with my 2 boys. I've been sick with all of them around the same amount of time.
Wyatt: 16 weeks
Walker: 20 weeks
Baby Girl: 18 weeks (got sick last week)

I've had low iron with all of them.
Very distinct cravings.
Same amount of tugging/pulling.
Same amount of fatigue.
The list goes on and on.

I was quite surprised. And underneath my surprise, delighted.

I have longed to have a little girl always.
I have longed to have a relationship with her as an adult and for the way that a relationship with a girl and her mama carries on when it changes drastically with a boy. I fully expect my 2 boys (and hopefully we will raise them in such a way) that they will leave and cleave to their wives. Not so much forsaking me. But where they will need Wes as men, they won't need me. This very subject has literally made me cry. Just thinking of my boys not needing their mama.

My daughter, however, hopefully will be my most precious friend. And hopefully I will be a big encouragement and source of wisdom to her. I will get to walk through her journey as a bride and as a mama to be.

I truly am thankful for this gift of a girl. I am thankful that the Lord has entrusted a sweet feminine life to Wes and I.

Wyatt's top pick for her name:
"Valentine's"

What he's most looking forward to:
"fighting like a knight for our little princess"

What I'm looking forward to:
The Estrogen growing in our home.
(Though not quite equal to the level of Testosterone.
side note - my vote for a female dog next is not as necessary anymore)

Strangest Craving I've had with her:
white cheddar popcorn AND strawberry mentos

Sweet things:
I've enjoyed watching Walker and Wyatt speak to her (through my belly) almost every day.
Walker usually says something like: Bebe! iun junlk luh bank! Bebe!
Wyatt usually asks me if she is laughing when he "tickles" her. And will usually say "hey baby" in a very sweet voice.

She is due August 10 :)

8 comments:

Jill said...

I love your post! And I love hearing your heart! Thanks!

TigerFamily said...

Congratulations on another healthy baby AND a baby GIRL!!!!! Your words could not have been spoken any better...it was as if you have read my mind! I too was shocked when we found out #3 was a girl. What was I going to do with ribbons and dresses? My world is filled with wrestling, trucks and mud! Let me just tell you...I have FALLEN head over heals in love with this tutu wearing, bow matching, dress loving girl! She has captured my heart in ways I never knew...in different ways then they boys. I really didn't think I had a different area of my heart to give...but I did and am changed b/c of it! I was so scared to have a girl...but am LOVING every minute of it. I am thrilled for you and this new path you will embark on. To see Wes with his daughter is going to melt your heart...to puddles! To see the boys love on her and protect her...well I'm not sure how mine holds up! What a delight! I thought it was going to be all boys for me...I kinda liked that. I am so thankful for His plan! I would have missed out on so much had I had it my way. I love my rough and tumble little men and would have been thrilled with a third...but evedently my heart needed something else. Pink is headed your way!!!!!! (and I did not even like pink until she came around!) martha

Our4GreatKids said...

:o) Wonderful news... great post!

Liz said...

Love it! Couldn't be more thrilled about baby girl Andrews!

JTP said...

oh congratulations!!!!!

Keisha Valentina said...

Oh Sage, congratulations to you my dear! I think of you often and wish I could see that little belly of yours and meet her. Blessings to you and your family.

Love, Keisha

Anonymous said...

She will, she will be one of your dearest friends!
I Promise! Beth
( just found your blog again -lost it in the computer switch.)

Ashley said...

Oh Congrats on the baby girl! LOVE the post. So sweet and so honest, longing for the relationship with her! So happy for you!
http://thekadenchronicles.blogspot.com/