Saturday, May 15, 2010

Anticipation...

Wyatt has room time every day and we're working on telling time with a regular clock. He is pretty good at knowing when it is 4:00.
He anticipates coming out and sometimes needs reminding that it was the second hand that pointed to four and not the long hand because he is so ready.

It is rare that he is not ready to come out when room time is over.

Today, this is how I found him when he didn't come out right at 4.


and the sweet boy had the clock upside down. :)

Isn't this a picture of anticipation? We (I) so often anticipate something that I can't wait for. I even count down the days or spend lots of time thinking about the thing I am excited for. And when the event actually occurs, something happens in me that takes away from me fully experiencing the joy I thought would bring from that event. Be it me coming down with an illness, one of my kids getting sick, the event cancelling all together due to weather, me just too tired or irritable to enjoy, just life.

That's when the sovereignty of the Lord becomes quite clear. If I'm too sick to enjoy the thing I have been wanting to do, the Lord has made my circumstances so that I cannot partake. But He always goes before us and He holds us together. It is with His love for us that He controls and cares for our circumstances.

As much as my Wyatt wanted to run out of his room at 4 looking to the next part of the day with anticipation, clearly his worn out body needed rest. even. more.

I am thankful for a sovereign and loving Lord.
And I'm thankful for a resting boy.

"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake."

Psalm 23:1-3



3 comments:

Cayce said...

That sweet boy. So precious! Thanks for sharing.

Cayce said...

That is so sweet. Precious Wyatt!

Jill said...

Thank you so much for the truth. I love hearing God teaching you through life...it spurs me on! And what a sweet picture of Wyatt!
Love you-
J