Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Sweetest Thing

Have you ever surprisingly felt very, overwhelmingly loved by someone?

I think that might be one of my favorite emotions to feel. Maybe its because there is no expectation going into it or the surprise of it all, but I find myself feeling very full when this happens. It happened to me last week.

Maybe I am really just very simple in my heart, or maybe my heart is extra tender because I'm preggers. Either way, I am so thankful for the sweetest thing my husband did last week.

My friend Mary and I were "subbing" for Wyatt and Bennett's teachers while their teachers enjoyed a teacher appreciation lunch. While we had no clue what we were doing, we managed to get the kids back in from the playground and begin lunches. (Mary and I both had our 2 year olds with us as well, Milla and Walker)

The morning had been hectic trying to get all of us ready and out the door. Wes made Wyatt's, Walker's and my lunch for school:)

So while we're all opening our lunches, Wyatt finds his napkin with "I love you, Wyatt" written on it, Walker finds "I love you, Walker" written on his napkin and I find my napkin with "I love you, Sage" written on it. I try to send a sweet note on Wyatt's napkin each time I pack his lunch, which I really enjoy doing. But I must say, I was taken back with how much it meant to my heart. Pulling out my napkin thinking its going to be used to wipe my mouth, but then seeing these sweet words that I can actually read and understand what they mean! And then to see that love extended to our children!

Mary and I had some time to kill. We did bring the kids in a little early from the hot playground. Backing up to me eating my lunch, I noticed on the paper bag there is some sort of drawing. I say something to Mary like "I think Wes drew on this paper bag" and she points out to me that he made a face out of the paper bag, or actually a puppet. The brown bag when turned upside down had hair, teeth, ears and eyes!

Ding! Ding! Ding! a perfect "visitor" for our class.

So naturally, after Mary read 2 books, she told the class we would have a visitor and I introduced "Mr. Brown" to the class. He was such a hit with the kids. Nay I say even a celebrity?

I pull out my vantrioloquist skills which looks like me talking clear as I usually do, and Mr. Brown moving his mouth at the same time I do...and the kids are loving him!

Afterwards I told Wes about our day and he said that he thought we might need some props for teaching/entertaining the kids as well as reminders that he loves us so much.

I'm not sure anything communicates love to me more than my husband thinking ahead... for me and... of me.

Well, again, to me, it was the sweetest thing.

2 comments:

rita and andy said...

oh Sage what a sweet story! I love it! What a great husband you have!! :0) Glad you had fun in the classroom, sounds perfect for you!

amyop said...

Thanks so much for this post! I love to hear how things are going your way! What a great story! I met your old neighbor today her name Terre. She told me to tell you Hey!