Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Love. Vacation.



We are back from vacation. :(
It was sooooooo good.

We kicked off our vacation with Memorial Day Weekend at my buddy Liz's family's lake cottage. We were there with 6 other couples from Clemson - there were several family's unable to come this year and we missed them deeply. It was so fun to getaway sans kids and play on the lake, for days. We laughed so much. And encouraged one another. Just really good times. Here are some pics from that fun time.

Then Wes and I went straight to Folly Beach to meet my parents and sister's family and our boys at a great house with a great setup. So. Much. Fun.

Our boys played out on the beach every day with their cousin Anna Grace and Nana and Big Pop. I got to sit and enjoy them, enjoying the beach. Wes and Thomas were busy doing beachy, kiddo, fun stuff. Sand castles, kite-flying, finding wildlife, raft rides in those awesome waves.

My highlights would include Wes teaching Wyatt how to surf, a monumental moment for me as a mommy. My Wyatt has a tendency to not pursue something that might bring defeat. While the waves knocked him off many times, he eagerly popped up from under the water, laughing and declaring "I'm fine! Let's do it again!"
And for my Walker, playing in the sand/water with his Big Pop. He became attached to Big Pop (and it might honestly be the same the other way around) as he and Big Pop would fill up their buckets and dump them, and applaud. Walker loved the attention he was given from my dad. Wes and I rarely sit down and copy each move he makes, repetitively. And this, my dad did, for hours. And it connected their hearts in a sweet and special way.

I love that beach. It is so relaxing. I love watching my family take in the sunshine and the natural fun. My dad also caught a shark one night fishing with Wes! We kept it for a few days to show the kids and then fed it to the crabs. Oh I just love the beach.

I'm thankful for my parents and their generosity in hosting and providing such a gift.
So. Much. Fun.

No comments: