Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pregnancy Update




I am now 33 weeks. It's hard to believe that our little girl will be here in 7 weeks.

Many of you know that I've had a minor complication in this pregnancy called placenta previa. What that means is that the placenta is essentially "too low" or close to my cervix. There are variations of severity with this complication and mine is the least severe (praise the Lord!).

Our OB has prepared us for a C-section (which will be my first and I'm okay with that). Although at 37 weeks she will check again via u/s to see if the placenta has moved to a safer position. If it has, she will give us the choice to deliver vaginally.

If it has not moved and is in the same place, we will plan a C-section date at that appt. (not for that date, but that is when we will plan the date to have the C-section, probably the 1st week in August.)

Our baby girl, Lalla (pronounced Lah-la) is due August 10. Our lease in our current apartment ends on August 17. We would love to be living in a 3 bedroom apartment by then, for Lalla and for my sake. However, we are not sure how the timeframe will work out. We would love your prayers as you think of us in this. It can get tricky with when a 3 bedroom apt will be available, when I may have a C-section, or go into labor and then our lease expiring. We trust that the Lord faithfully goes before us (Col 1:17) and that He will provide all of our needs (Phil 4:19) in His good and perfecting timing.

Sometimes, as we get closer, I forget those important promises. So I'd love for your prayers for my heart as we continue on the next 7 weeks. To prepare well for this little girl. Whatever that looks like.

Thank you for praying.

The picture above is sadly the only pregnancy pic we've taken! It was around 30 weeks and I'm with a sweet friend from Florence, Emily Jackson.


2 comments:

Bran said...

Thanks for the update! Praying for you, friend.
love you.
B

brooks said...

sagie! thanks for the update. i love knowing exactly how to pray. love to you and your sweet -almost-family-of-five!!!