Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First Activity



In an earlier post, I made reference to an activity box we will be pursuing this summer during our lengthy, hot days. 16 other moms and I put our activities in zip lock bags complete with all instructions and materials. Now I have 17 activities for the summer.

We began Activity #1 yesterday.

Counting Animals

It was so simple, so fun and inexpensive.
In the ziplock bag were 15 small plastic animals and 5 yellow cards, each with a number stamped on it (1, 2, 3, 4 and 5)
I put the animals in the middle of the table and gave each boy a card with a number. They then had to count/place the number of animals to match the number on the card.

Both boys enjoyed it so much.
Walker needed my help but still really enjoyed the activity.
We played many many times.

**And for more of a challenge for Wyatt, I flipped the cards over and wrote higher numbers on the back of the lower number cards (6, 7, 8, 9, and 10)