Monday, August 2, 2010

Changes Ahead...



Hard to believe how big our boys have gotten.
It seems like we've just been through a year of changes.
Moving to cozier space
brothers sharing a room
new church
new school for Wes
new job for Wes
new pre school
new parks
new friends
new words (Walker)
new neighbors
new potty "experiences" (Wyatt)
new insights (Wes and I)
new distance from our families
new bed for Walker

And now we are awaiting a new birth.
Of a little girl named Lalla.
I have such little idea of what that will look like or mean for our family. :)
But somehow I can picture glimpses of both the sweetness and reality.
I have been folding so much pink.
And it just makes my heart glad.
I wonder what Wes will be like a girl daddy
What I will be like as a girl mommy
What our little girl will bring with her
How the Lord has uniquely shaped her with likes and dislikes already
That we have NO clue about
It is a fascinating process

I am also trying to be intentional about treasuring my time with my boys
The sweet parts of their personalities have been really obvious to me this week
And I'm thankful for that
They have each picked out a small toy to give Lalla in the hospital
And they are looking forward to bringing those to her

I have a little something for them, too from their sister.
I'm looking forward to our next season...

"And at this appointed season He brought His word to light..."
Titus 1:3


2 comments:

Liz said...

love this post! I am so excited about those changes ahead and seeing what the Lord has for your future...we know it's GOOD! Can't wait to meet Lalla!!!!!

Susan said...

I'm so excited about little Lalla! I've been thinking about you & praying for you as the countdown is on! Loved the Wyatts Wheels story, too! What a blessing!