Thursday, March 10, 2011

Several Things



I am looking forward to having some time with my man and our daughter for a few days. My parents are going to keep our bigs (Wyatt and and Walker) for the weekend.
Special time is an understatement.
Our boys ADORE their grandparents (both Wes' and my parents)
And they truly enjoy time with them.
I remember my friend Rachel telling me before I had kids that her kids visiting their grandparents was better than the circus.
I think of that often, when I see the light in their face as I announce that they get to see either set of grandparents.
THEY LOVE THEM.

One of the reasons, my parents are keeping them for me is because Wes and I are hosting supper club. We've made the theme - Irish.
I am looking forward to making the meat dish (a fun pork/cranberry recipe that a friend gave me)
Each couple signed up to bring an Irish side
One, a salad
And one, a dessert

I think it will be a lot of fun - complete with a Riverdance jam. (kidding, ofcourse)

Walker has become our resident encourager.
As Wyatt emptied his backpack after school today, he took out some artwork and Walker said to him, "Wyatt, I love your dinosaur!" That's really nice!"

One last thing-
At bedtime as I leaned in to kiss Wyatt tonight, he whispered to me,
"Mommy, I'm glad you will be teaching me kindergarten."

My heart smiled.
And I may have shed a tear.
Or two.

No comments: