Thursday, March 24, 2011

This and That

I feel like life has been really busy lately.
I have enjoyed it (which is a praise to the LORD!) but it's been so busy I've had to be very intentional about certain things, like this.

I feel like I discover over and over again how wonderful babies are.
And girls. I have been given such a gift in this little Lalla.
My heart is so grateful for her.
She continues to grow.
She's eating 2 solids each day.
Her schedule is also very predictable.
And yet, she's pretty go-with-the-flow.

The boys in her life - their lives have been enriched...
and sweetened.
her father, among them all, being the most effected by her sweetness.
Amazing how a tiny little girl can soften a man's man :)

we are sure that her thumb has won the contest over her paci.
We offered her paci to her each and every sleep-time...

and yet, her thumb was just too delicious...

yep. sleeping is a good test of which route they will prefer - paci is clearly right there, and yet she chooses - her thumb.


Wyatt had a friend from school come over recently - Lachlan - who is so much fun.
Precious and sweet.

And Lachlan, really took an interest into Lalla.
And enjoyed making her smile and playing with her.
And Lalla welcomed the attention :)

Walker had a friend over, as well -
Anderson. Who discovered he enjoyed playing the guitar. And Walker, enjoyed singing. They played band most of their time together. :)

We had our Supper Club - Irish theme - and all the guests wore green.
(Tyler, Adam and Wes. not pictured - Jordan)

It was alot of fun. I was pretty gitty -
and so, I therefore, enjoyed saying Irish phrases, as often as I could, in an Irish accent.
(me, Lindsay, Carrie, Evyn)

The boys enjoyed eating green cupcakes on St. Patrick's Day.


And Lalla discovered that she likes to take some rest from jumping in the Johnny Jump-Up.
And lay her head back.

Overall, its been busy.
But really good.
I'm thankful for seasons like this - where they are full - because people are in our lives. We are becoming more and more a part of this Charlotte community. And that feels terrific. We are getting to know wonderful people more and more and our lives are deeply enriched because of them.
I am thankful for the Lord's provision in friendship(s).
He is good.
And He has been so good in our friendships past and present.
He, Himself is also present within them.
I'm thankful for His design in friendship, relationships.
I truly love people.
And I truly love my Lord.

2 comments:

Mary said...

look at all my girls in green! hated to miss :) sweet little blog Sage- love that Lachlan came to play.

Susan said...

Hey Sage,
Lalla is just precious! I think she and Lily would get along great :) Lily, too loves her thumb- and she also was not interested in pacy. So glad y'all are enjoying her. I love seeing her pics and can't believe I haven't seen her in person yet!