Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Friend Liz. :)

Liz is a very special friend to me. She and I have been friends since college and share many things in common - I believe we were torn from the same cloth. :) Recently, we got to share being pregnant together, then 3 months ago, I had my baby and as of August 3, she now has baby Lydia! It's so exciting to me that we now have children sooo close in age. Last weekend I was able to go up to Clemson and see her, Bryn and baby Lydia!

Sage, Walker, Liz and Lydia

Sweet sleeping Lydia

Liz (so beautiful), Bryn and Walker
I recently learned that her name, Elizabeth means "abundance of God" and wow, what a fit for her. She has sharpened me in my quest to follow Jesus more than anyone else. She is such a role model for me as a wife, mother and a friend. But mostly, it is out of her love for me that she has ministered to my heart time and time again. She came to see me when Wyatt was a newborn -

and again when Walker was a newborn
and many times in between and because of this, our older boys now share a sweet friendship. :)
Carson and Wyatt
What a gift and legacy for our families. I love that this friendship that began over eight years ago has now transcended into our children. What a gift you are my friend. Congratulations on baby Lydia.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Aww, you and Liz are so beautiful! You both made a huge difference in my life (and many others) as bible study leaders! Love you both! :)

Liz said...

I am absolutely honored! You are such a gift to me from the Lord. It is a joy and privilege to be your friend and walk through life together....from college/single life to the joys and struggles of motherhood:) I love you dear friend!