Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Power of an Encouraging Word...

Today is my 30th birthday and I woke up to post it notes in the most common/places.

It is amazing to me how much it empowers people to hear that they are loved and needed. I have been smiling all day as I find yet another one. There are 30 in all - and I've found not even half!

My favorite one, so far, and probably forever is the one I found in the wipes container that said this:
"An absolutely thankless job. Thank you for the many diapers you change all day long. You do this with love and with joy. You truly love our boys unconditionally."

I found one inside the cd player, (yes we still listen to cds), the mirror, pictures, the doorways, etc. Where will the others be?!?!

I also received a card from my parents. My dad wrote this:
"It is truly amazing to witness the woman you have become. We often mention the many childhood moments that we hold dear, but none of them foretold of the beautiful person you have become. God is truly wonderful!."

I've read that card 6x.

...and I feel unstoppable today.

11 comments:

Susan said...

What a sweet hubby! That is so special! I'm so glad you are having a good day! I put a card in the mail but you probably won't get it til tomorrow :( Love you girlie & treasure your friendship! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Sage! what a thoughtul and sweet husband!! Although we do not run into each other often. I always value your sweet smiles and encouraging words!

Jill H said...

Happy Birthday, Sage!
What a beautiful gift of encouragement you have received from both your husband and dad! I, myself, was moved to tears when I read what your dad wrote about you. How precious!

Kayne and Thomas said...

What a wonderful birthday. You are a very special lady and it is always nice to be reminded of that. I hope you had a HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY!!!

Jason, Jessica, Isabella and Elisabeth said...

Happy Birthday, Sage! Hope that you have a wonderful day! Wish that we got to see each other more often! Thanks for the sweet comments you have left us lately! Hope to see you soon!!

Cayce said...

Wow. You have an amazing husband and family and the two combined are an incredible support team. How blessed you are, friend! I love you!

The Severances said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope those notes will remind you all year of the special person God has made you to be. Enjoy the celebration of you!

Jill said...

Happy Late Birthday Sage!
It's fun to hear your heart and the encouraging words others spoke to you. You are a treasure to me and I love you dearly. I cherish the moments we get together...to laugh, cry, share, and see God in the other. I love you, my special friend!

Liz said...

I hope you got my call on your birthday...if not....Happy Birthday my friend! Go Wes! What a great idea to show his love and appreciation for you. You are loved!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Sage! I got lost in the world wide web and ran into your blog -- you do such a great job in capturing photos, words of wisdom and updates on your family. Hope you had a great birthday! Sending thoughts your way...hello to Wes and the boys.

Melissa said...

I love what Wes did! I also received hidden post-its a while back and discovering them was SO much fun. What a great way to start your special day.

I can't think of much else that a daughter would like to hear from her dad. That's all around wonderful.