Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Some Fun Things He's Said Lately...

#1.
After many 'unshowered' days, I walked into the kitchen, showered, little make-up and even...some pearls.

And this is what my Wyatt said to me: "Mommy, you look like a princess."
My heart would melt, if it could. Ahhhhh.

#2.
Wyatt and I were talking about Anna Grace. The details of the conversation are somewhat vague but I remember the gyst was about WHO created her -

And this is what he said:
"God gave Anna Grace beautiful curls."

#3.
He was playing with his manger scene people (okay, so he plays with them year round) and I noticed that all folk (wise men, shepherd, angel, mary and animals) were all semi-circled around Joseph.

And so I asked Wyatt what was going on.

And this is what he said:
"He is telling them about Jesus. How he died on the cross...and then He walked out of the tomb...He's alive!"

LONG PAUSE

"And now they need to dance."

#4.
I've begun to talk to Wyatt about sin. Try as I may to point him to the cross and most of these discussions, which result in his disobedience, I am pretty unsure how much he is understanding. But I just speak from (my heart hopefully and even more hopefully, lead by the Spirit) - and I was so caught off guard when this is what he said.

"we were driving home one night. Wyatt mentioned that he shared with a friend of his. We showed our excitement that he shared and he said. "if I didn't share with him. that would be sin." Wow. it's neat to see the work of the Holy Spirit take my simple efforts and create understanding in my child's heart. This really encouraged me to continue on...in this journey...trying to teach and instill God's word and truth. Thank you Lord for this encouragement.

#5.
Wes has been reading "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" with Wyatt at night. Each chapter Wyatt has been asking for the Lion. So FINALLY, when Aslan is introduced, Wes gave Wyatt a Lion - roaring to represent Aslan.

This is how the conversation went down.

Wes: "this is Aslan."
Wyatt: "wow."
Wes: "is He dangerous?"
Wyatt: (in awe) "oh YES."
Wes: But is He good?
Wyatt: (almost whispered) "yes."

And this is also the gift that C.S. Lewis gave us in providing holy insight through this fictional...historical...literature...

...and even more so, THIS is the gift I have in being a mom. All the days I wonder "how am I going to make it?" and tire so easily of this incredible task...As I reflect on each of these precious moments, I truly breathe in deep and rest in these moments...of not just progress...but... reward.

6 comments:

taiterg said...

WOW sage! i am in tears, so excited for your boys who will, excuse me, are growing into God-fearing men ;-)

Kayne and Thomas said...

That is awesome. What precious conversations you have had with your precious young man. I love conversation #3...with Joseph telling the others about Jesus...we all should DANCE!!! I love it!!

Susan said...

That is so sweet and precious! I loved hearing/reading these stories. It really makes me happy to be a mom & all the sweet times God does give you.

Lindsay Adams said...

Oh Sage! I love his excitement in . . . "He's alive!" But I adore his next comment, "and now they need to dance." How true, how true.

Scarlett said...

Hi Sage.....loved this post!! Especially #4....What a little evangelist!! We all could learn from his observation!

Bran said...

precious, precious Wyatt. such sweet and priceless conversations