Thursday, March 12, 2009

Our Lamp-Lit Path




"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." - Psalm 119:105

We are going to be leaving our beloved Florence. Wes is beginning a seminary journey at RTS in Charlotte and after much prayer we have felt a calling to go to Charlotte where hopefully seminary will be a family call and focus.

Many details have not been lined up. Some have. But either way, we feel we need to respond in obedience and go. "And My God shall supply all your need according to His riches and glory." Philipians 4:19

After a wonderful conversation with our head pastor - who has loved us and supported us through this entire process, He motivated us and pushed to trust God alone during this time. To look to Him for all answers.
Wowsers.
That leaves me desperately flipping through my bible daily, finding the written Word to soothe my soul and grip me right where my wandering heart is.

It was difficult to share our news with our sweet kids at church, our dear, dear friends and family, and yet, still this call is our common denomination. This call remains. No matter what the conversation looks like, no matter what the circumstances look like, no matter what details remain undetermined. This call abounds.

And honestly, I feel like we are walking on a path - only lit by a Lamp that lights barely over our feet. And yet, I'm comforted. It doesn't make any sense, but it fulfills my need to Trust the Lord with ALL of me. In ways, I've not had to do in a while.

Would love for you to pray with us. Our house is now on the market. Would love for it to sell.
Before I go into my long list of prayer requests, I'm just going to end with two verses. I've felt compelled to memorize during this lamp-lit season.

"He is before all things. In Him all things hold together." Col 1:17
"All things are of Him, through Him and to Him. To Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen." Romans 11:36

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

WOW! How exciting for you guys! reading your posts brought back a ton of memories of how I remember feeling when God led us to Dallas for Reeves to go to DTS. I will be praying that your time in Seminary will be a great time of faith-building in your whole family! and that He will provide many solid friendships thru your time there! soo excited for you guys ( and soo sad to see you leave Florence- atleast you won't be too far away=)

Lindsay Adams said...

Sage,
I know you're heart must hurt to leave the ones you love in Florence, but I can't say how excited I am that you are coming to Charlotte! I mean my heart is beating faster right now at just the thought of us getting to live close together!!! I can't wait to talk with you more about it. Love to you.

rita and andy said...

Sage know that we are praying for you guys and will continue to lift your family up. I know that you will be a blessing to so many people in Charlotte... You are an amazing Godly woman. Your faith and trust in the Lord is an inspiration to all of us.