Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Treasures


I am always desiring to have good resources for teaching my kids the bible.
And I need all the help I can get!
So I thought I'd share a few of favorites - truly treasures.
They have helped me so much in having really sou
nd conversations with Wyatt about the Lord, Jesus and the Bible.
He has grasped a sweet and truthful understanding of Jesus' supreme role in the Bible through the teaching in these books.

We began with the BIG PICTURE bible (which I highly recommend) We read through cover to cover many times. Wyatt learned a ton and it really helped develop a good base for biblical truths.

The Jesus Storybook Bible points to Jesus in every story. I really like that. It helps Wyatt have a more complete picture of Jesus in the bible - and me to explain and answer his many questions about that. It also comes with an audio cd - so your kids can listen while they play or you drive. Very very good.


Discovering Jesus in Genesis is just that. It goes into great detail on where the worlds' need for a Savior originated. Each story lays out very clearly how the Savior would be the worlds' answer to sin and disobedience.


Discovering Jesus in Exodus - same wonderful content - but in Exodus.

ABC Bible Verses is great for memorizing verses with Wyatt. We've been loosely working on them since the summer. He's memorized very well - the verses A-K.

Big Truths for Little Kids - an EXCELLENT resource for complicated questions Wyatt has asked and still asks.
What is God?
Where is God?
Can you see God?
Who wrote the Bible?
Why did God make you and all things?

The answers are biblically based truths and they are easy for Wyatt to remember and repeat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sage, Founders Press has a great resource at http://www.founderspress.com/shop/store.php?crn=205&rn=417&action=show_detail
Also, check out Bruce Ware's new book "Big Truths for Young Hearts". Blessings
Crunks

Charissa said...

The lessons that Minnemie (and Kathie Carter?) have prepared to fit along with Discovering Jesus in Exodus have been amazing. You may want to ask Mx to send them to you - assuming she has them electronically. I'm teaching it with the 1st and 2nd graders and I love introducing them to big words and concepts early. They may not get them yet but i trust they will someday and hopefully sooner than me as I am just grasping some of them! Thanks for the encouraging post. Way to be a resource. Here is the link to my other friend that sees one of her jobs as being a resource - http://funmajors.blogspot.com/