Monday, December 13, 2010

Head of the House


This morning, I had breakfast ready and went up to get the boys (this never happens in this order by the way). They were both dressed in pirate costumes and deep in a pirate storyline. I informed them that breakfast was ready and Wyatt's reply, "pirates don't eat breakfast" was returned with a similar comment back from me. Upon realizing that they did not mean what they said, Wyatt asked if I would be their mommy pirate. I ofcourse replied, "yes".

So at the breakfast table Wyatt prays the following:
"Dear Lord, thank you for Christmas. Thank you for my pirate mommy and my pirate brother and my pirate sister. And thank you for my pirate daddy, who is the captain. Amen."

After praying he said to me,

"Mommy, Daddy is our captain."

I said, "that's right, Wyatt he is."

And he said, "yep, he is captain of our home."

I said, "that's right Wyatt. He sure is."

1 comment:

User Not Found said...

I love that. LOVE that. Thanks for making me grin this morning... and I may or may not have teared up. (You know, the hormones!!)