Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

Happy Easter!
My, how the meaning of Easter has changed for me in my lifetime.
It almost brings me to tears as I consider my past Easters and how earlier on I was completely focused on my easter basket, candy, my easter dress, easter egg hunts, etc.

And that's just where my children are. Try as we may to teach them well about the death and resurrection of Jesus, they are drawn to the culture.
They are drawn to the candy, the fun, the gifts.

We had a wonderful Easter with our family, don't get me wrong. We enjoyed our devotions leading up to Easter - we enjoyed discussing what the children learned in their classes at church approaching Easter Sunday - we enjoyed the Palm Sunday and Easter worship anticipating a crucified and later, RISEN Lord.

But...
I am in a place of reflection today.
As I consider the week ahead, my tasks ahead today,
I am caught up in truth that I live today in light of a RISEN Lord.

He fought death...and won.
He bled, freely for us, and He died horribly, horrifically.
He took all my shame with Him to my cross.

And then everything said about Him and that He said about Himself came true when He rose from the dead.
He conquered death.

And I am free.
This IS the guarantee for my own resurrection.
I will not stay dead when the Lord calls me.
I will live again in His presence. Forever.

and so my prayer for my little ones is that they, too grasp this wonderful truth in our Christian faith. That they embrace the knowledge of Jesus as Risen Lord. In the Lord's perfect timing. As their sweet little hearts get there in their unique ways...as the Lord patiently and graciously lead me there.

Happy Easter to you and yours.
May you live today in light the one and only Risen Lord!

1 comment:

AmyP said...

Thanks for always sharing Sage. Loved this post:)