Monday, April 2, 2012

The Past Months...

why apologize?
we've been here before. I've made apologies before but there is no reason to. ultimately this is simply a blog about someone's life.
its been busy b/c its just been life.
And life with a family is very busy.

we celebrated walker's (4th) birthday a month early as his birthday is a week after baby's due date. instead of a party we took he and wyatt to a pirate show at myrtle beach and stayed at wes' folks' place down there.
he loved the pirate show!
he felt very special and loved as we don't do 'big' things like this hardly ever.

i also made him a pirates' ship cake.
he was so grateful for it.
(my middle child has gratefulness in his heart that both convicts and encourages me.) I suppose it is the grace of the God and his disposition in life - always having a sibling. I am so thankful for him. he is precious to me.
happy birthday, sweet child of mine!


in preparation for a family of six, God provided and blessed us with a mini-van. i have had friends that have gone through "the crisis" with becoming part of this population that says "we are family" but I did not experience that.
I expected to and so I was waiting for the grieving.
but it never came.
i suppose it is because we squeezed as much use as we could out of our crv without putting future baby on the roof that to say that we were "ready" for this van would be a completely understatement.
entry into our van goes like this:
doors open by themselves
Wyatt buckles Lalla, then himself.
walker can now buckle himself b/c he can see his buckle.
none of my children are touching.
who wouldn't want that!?!

my little girl is growing up fast. she is 19 months. oh my prayer for her is that she would transition well to not being baby anymore. even that her transition would be fast from baby to older sister and taking part in caring for the baby.


all in all, our days are pretty much the same. this particular day (above) walker was getting over being sick and all 3 were watching a video together. As my children get older I treasure them partaking in the same activities together. I am thankful for Wyatt's leadership with his brother and sister. In his first homeschooling year he has grown tremendously as an older brother - he has grown in responsibility/independence with his school work as well initiative with household work. I am so thankful for his disposition.

We are anticipating baby boy.
We are deciding between 2 names: William and Waylon.
His middle name will be Rex.
He will have the same initials as his older 2 brothers, his father and his grandfather.
We have not been able to make a decision about his name and decided to wait and meet him before we decide.

Those are the highlights - theres been plenty of hard/sanctifying days as my body feels older in this pregnancy and the demands of being a stay at home mom and homeschool teacher can be overwhelming. But I look to the Lord to lead me. To patiently guide me in my being a wife to Wes and a mother to my 3 children. He has been so faithful to me in both the good and the bad days.

I am thankful most of all for Jesus.

that He has saved me.

that He knows me.

and He still loves me anyway.

1 comment:

User Not Found said...

Love YOU Sage! It was wonderful to "catch up" on what's been going on with the Andrews fam lately!