Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Big Boy Bed...We Made It!

Why is it that the transitions I anticipate will be among the biggest in history...are...well...not? We have officially transitioned to a big boy bed, and surprisingly, it was dare I say...easy? Not because of anything we did, but because the Lord is gracious! A few weeks ago Wes put up some bunk bed frames in Wyatt's room. What I thought was a waste of space for several weeks became the source of my little boys greatest adventures which included a train, a barnyard fence and a big ship. So, as the Lord would have it, all this time my little boy was becoming more prepared for his bunk beds by playing in the frames every day. Wyatt has asked me so many times during the last few weeks if he can sleep in the bunk bed FRAMES? "When we put a mattress on your big boy bed, you may sleep in your big boy bed," I would reply upon the many requests. Well, Wyatt and I came home from a weekend in Greenville and Wes surprised us with the mattresses! So, this increased Wyatt's eagerness to sleep in his bed. After a painfully long day of watching me wash his sheets, put the egg-crate on his mattress, the mattress pad, etc. basically get his bed ready, he just BEGGED us last night to sleep in this new big boy bed. So after we gave him a "big boy bed talk" and prayed for his first night, his repeated response was "Bye Y'all" (a response he never says!). Furthermore, we didn't hear a peep from him all night long. And finally, this morning as we were eating breakfast I explained to him the accomplishment he made last night. I also told him that we are very proud of him. His sweet little response to me was "We Made It."
Sooooo true. Thank you Lord for making this transition, upon many to come, well...easy.

Here is a quiet peek at his first nap in his new bed!

9 comments:

Jill H said...

I'm so glad the transition is going well for you guys. He looks so cute in there all snuggled up. And I love the bedding! Very cute!

Kayne and Thomas said...

We are so proud of Wyatt!! That is great!! He looks like he is sleeping better than he ever has! I think he likes his big pillow!

Cayce said...

Yeah Wyatt!! He looks so grown up in those bunk beds. We all are so proud of him. Way to go!

Rebecca said...

Way to go Wyatt!! what a BIG BOY!!! love the bedding!

Jill said...

So sweet! I pray that the Lord shows you and blesses you with many more sweet transitions! Madeline and Samuel love looking at your blog!
Love you- J

Liz said...

Way to go big man! I'm so thankful this was an easy transition! So fun to think about 2 little boys in those bunk beds one day:)

Matt said...

Good times. Raising these kids is one of the most rewarding experiences.

Bran said...

So awesome!!! I too, also find the things I dread and think will be most horrible are like a piece of cake...it's the little things that should be easy that are so so hard! hope it's continuing to go well.

Susan said...

So sweet! I love the clip:) I love his adorable bedding, too! What perfect timing with Walker coming soon, too!

Su