Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Things I Wish I Could Still Have From My Childhood

(inspired by a blog Wes reads)

1. to have the whole day ahead of me without a hint of a plan.
2. to spend every dime I had on a single purchase, like a Barbie.
3. to spend the en-tire day at the pool.
4. to count down the days until Summer begins.
5. to be given $1 by my grandma and go the local gas station and spend it on whatever sweet thing I could find.
6. Grandma's chocolate cake.
7. to eat whatever I want, whenever I want without any second thought or consequence.
8. to play Barbies all day with Kayne.
9. the tree in my old backyard that we used to play in.
10. my grandfather.
11. riding in the golf cart all day long on my granfather's farm.
12. waking up to a rooster's crow.
13. having my bike as my transportation.

just for fun. But these things really do take me back. I had a wonderful childhood. Thank you mom and dad for providing that for me. I love you, family.

3 comments:

rita and andy said...

thanks for sharing sage! i love taking trips down memory lane,makes me realize what a great childhood I had.

JTP said...

sage- your blog is awesome!!!! I love it! I may put a link from mine to yuors so I can keep up with it. I have been needing some spiritual encouragement...and what a treat your blog is!!!!oh and ps- your kids are a-dor-able!!!!!

Kayne and Thomas said...

I miss those things too....some days I wish I was young again without a care in the world!!