Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blog break

Yeah, I needed one.
I've been busy with so many things! All truly relevant. All important.
We've been preparing our house to be shown, packing boxes, moving the clutter out, actually putting it up on the market, showing the house, and then you know, all the normal every-day responsibilities.

And some how, I've felt like I'm neglecting this blog. In the back of my mind, I've felt that little nag to get something posted.

Buy why?

I mean. Honestly. Where is the pressure coming from? And why?
It comes from me.
And somehow, all those sweet little moments in my life (pre-blog) now come with the pressure to have a camera and a blog post with it.

And I'm just trying to figure out when the good moments in life had to become great? And when the normal things that nobody sees had to become seen. and. posted?
When did I do this to myself?

What happened to a good old photo album? I mean, does anybody buy those anymore? When did that become not good enough? Believe me. I am saying this to myself. I did this to myself. I miss the simplicity of life pre-blog. Pre-digital film. And pre-scrapbooking. I miss the good that was truly good. A photo is good. A digital photo printed is good. A digital photo printed and placed in an album is good. But somehow compared with a good blog post or a sweet scrapbook page or better yet, one of those amazing photo books, it truly dims in comparison.

That's sad to me. That I've created these expectations and rules for the sweet moments when Walker makes a mess at his highchair or Wyatt swings his baseball bat in the yard.

Don't get me wrong - NONE of these things are not worthy of recording in some manner - its just the added pressure we (I) put on myself to capture those moments and stay culturally relevant. As oposed to simply being a loving eye-witness and a huge fan of the subject.

I know, probably over analyzing.
But, it's late.
And I needed to post.
I mean, it had been a few weeks and all.

:)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, Sage! You've expressed feelings that I'm sure many of us have, perfectly into words! (ok, even that didn't make sense!) That's why I love your blog... I love your words.

Meredith said...

Thanks, Sage! I needed that! It was great!:)

Courtney said...

thanks for your perspective. such truth in your words.

Jill said...

Oh, Sage! I can so relate! If you have noticed I haven't posted since Thanksgiving! Yikes!
Well, I love it when you do blog but I also love it when we connect on the phone or I see you in person. Thanks for just being you and being real!
Have a great day!
Love you-j