Saturday, October 3, 2009

Names

What's in a name?
The meaning of Wyatt and Walkers' full names has both, provided insight and proven true for personality traits they each possess.

Wyatt (warrior)
Richard (brave)

Walker (to tread)
Reeves (servant)

I could go on and on about how this is true for Wyatt (brave, warrior) but I'm just going to post pictures instead.
I think these pictures show a glimpse of his heart
to protect,
to be brave,
to fight for what is right.
He earnestly desires to achieve these things. He assures me daily he will protect me.
Here are some pics of my brave warrior.
With Walker, I feel I need to provide some convincing evidence for this.
Yes, he treads.
He is a "walker" as of the last 2 months.
So yes, he walks/treads through and through.
He walks from here to there with a sweet smile.
My prayer would be that he treads right up to the cross at a young age:)

His middle names is Reeves (named after a very significant friend to Wes, Matt Reeves)
Reeves means servant.
I have seen glimpses of a servant in Walker.
He is 17 months old and has this ability to "see" what needs to be done... and...do it.
Here are a few examples of my sweet treading, servant.

*When its time to go, he gets his shoes and brings them to me.
* I dropped some grapes on the kitchen floor and he picked up almost every one and brought each one to me. Even the one behind his little table, he squeezed himself back there to pick it up and give it to me.
*He hands each dish/utensil to me when I'm unloading the dishwasher.
*Wyatt spilled some water on the coffee table and Walker went into his bathroom, grabbed the hand towel and came out and wiped it up!
*He cleans up his toys happily and initiatively.
*Wyatt now feeds Brighton - Walker helps him by going and getting Brighty's bowl and bringing it to Wyatt. (never asked to do this)

(i would like to add that I've never asked him to do any of this)

And unfortunately I don't have any pics of him doing these things, because typically I am "doing" these things, too. But have some pics of sweet him.

No comments: