Saturday, September 25, 2010

Feelin' Crafty

the boys have this toy chest in their room (see above). My mom painted ivy on it a long time ago. Its been in many rooms throughout our marriage and in the last year ended up in the boys room. I've been saying for some time now that "I'm going to paint it to match their room someday." Well I was inspired this weekend to take on the project.
Not sure if it is so much time at home
or just my (extreme) need to feel productive
but I achieved the goal of painting it!

this is the boys' bedding and my hope was to paint the chest to match these colors and design. But it was going to be tricky for me to achieve it with the locations of the ivy design (two big ones on top!)

so this is how it turned out!

front view


top view


ivy covered up - check!
(designs random in times, - hence the strange plaid angles
but nonetheless it matches)

My favorite part is that the total cost was under $6!
(for 5 bottles of craft paint from Michaels)

5 comments:

Lindsay Adams said...

I'd say that's a pretty darn good job! And I'm impressed you found the time too!

Lindsay said...

sage that looks awesome!!! you did a great job!

Lindsay said...

sage that looks awesome!!! you did SUCH a great job!

Bran said...

That's awesome, Sage!!!

Charissa said...

Incredible! Wonderful crafty work - BTW can't wait to see you in a few weeks. It will be so fantastic to have you back for a Mon night