Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Really Do Love Having Lalla



It is hectic and we're all still adjusting.
But I really do love having this sweet little girl in my life.
She is very sweet and easy all things considered (namely 2 big brothers that adore her but are nonetheless loud and boyish).

She started smiling at 4 weeks and cooing at 5 weeks.
We've had some long night stretches at 6 weeks - making 5 and 6 hours.
She is very flexible and has begun smiling when she hears her brothers talk.
Her Daddy began saying "Hey Beautiful" this week when he greeted her.
Brighty makes her jump and scares her when he barks.
She started to catch on to the pacifier this week. She spits it out some, but is taking it better.
She took her second bottle this week (1st one, not such a fan, second one - drank is down quick).

Her big brother got sick for the 2nd time since her life began 7 weeks ago. We're trying hard to keep his snot and hands away from her! It's a real challenge! But so far, we've managed to keep them pretty separated.

I smashed my finger in the cardoor yesterday and have been managing to pick her up without the use of it (my right hand index finger). She's been fine with her care minus that finger. :)

Its been lively around here. I've been relying on the strength of my Heavenly Father. My mother came up and lived a very chaotic day with me and at the end of the day called me to say "I'm proud of you. You are doing such a good job. You are a great mother."

I really liked (and needed) hearing those words :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I'm glad things are going well for you guys, Sage. I hope to see you soon!