Sunday, September 5, 2010

Indescribeable

this is the moment I've been waiting for. To watch my sister gaze upon her baby. :) What a sweet and indescribeable moment this was for me. The work that the Lord accomplished in my sister's life is indescribeable. I have had a close up view of her struggle and pain which later became hope and joy. And now, this sweet blessing wrapped up in a blue blanket adorned with blonde hair. Now she holds him in her arms. :)

"Thanks be to God for this indescribeable gift."2 Corinthians 9:15

This was the meeting I've been waiting for.To hold my newborn alongside of my sister holding her newborn. Both, wearing clothes that have been worn by each others' older ones. The joy in my heart is truly impossible to articulate. This moment captured the glory for the Lord for me. His work. His plan. His goodness. I can't describe justly how in awe I was and am that the Lord gave Kayne and I the gift of motherhood at the same time.

"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things." Romans 11:36

This is the gift we've been waiting for. Sweet little, soft skinned, rosey cheeked, teeny-tiny, blonde-haired "T". What a gift he is. His cry is precious. I mimicked it the entire time I was there. I love everything about this little guy. His size, his little spit ups, the way he holds his mouth when he cries. He is my first nephew!! And I love him so much!

"He is before all things. And in Him all things hold together." Colossians 1:17

He looks so much like his big sister, Anna Grace and their daddy, Thomas.

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we ask or think or even imagine." Ephesians 3:20

(Thomas, my brother in law was about to go to the lake in this pic and will probably not be happy I posted it - but sweet T's face is so clear in this pic.)

This was the uniting that we've been waiting for. 2 little cousins, born 3 weeks apart.
And this pic was hilarious - trying to get them both to stay positioned upward and not slump over - or cry. Their faces were priceless.
not too comfy. :(
Anna Grace holding her baby brother. She became a big sister on the day he was born but he is becoming her little brother more and more in her heart each day. :)
(Lalla) There were a lot of these looks during my time there...
(I am obsessed with this bonnet.)
(T) and these looks...

(Lalla) some rare-eye-opening moments...
My sweet mom loved loving on her grandbaby (T)
sand her other grandbaby (Lalla)
Lalla loved T's soft infant seat.
And we did lots and lots of this. So fun to hold, kiss and love on some babies this past weekend with my sister. My sweet husband cared for our big boys so that I could take off with Lalla down to Florence and ponder all of this in my heart. Thank you sweetie for giving me that!

I will never forget this sweet time. I am so thankful for the path that the Lord has brought us on in order to experience these days - the richness and fullness of His goodness.

"And we know that in all things He works for the good to those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28


4 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful post Sage! Sweet Sweet Gifts those babies are! Praise God!

Kayne and Thomas said...

Aw, I enjoyed our time together so much!! That is all I can keep saying..."Thanks be to God for this indescribeable gift!" I am loving every minute of my baby boy. God is SO good!! We both are truely and richly blessed!!

Wish you were still here!! Can't wait to get together again soon. Glad you got to spend some time with sweet baby T!

rita and andy said...

perfect! :0)

Bran said...

such a fun post. Praise the Lord for your babies and how fun they are so close