Monday, November 15, 2010

5 Years!

I can't help but get teary as I think over the past 5 years. I have known this little guy for 5 years. He made me a mommy! He was my guinea pig. We figured it out together. And I am so thankful for the Lord's grace in parenting and in specifically, mothering my Wyatt. He has blessed me immeasurably with this gift. I love him with all my heart.

This year we celebrated Wyatt's 5th birthday a week early. We did a small pirate party with all boys. It was very simple and yet, a lot of fun for the boys. I am thankful for how it all came together. Wes was a champ with his impromptu pirate games and leading the boys on a treasure hunt with a finale of bonking a good ole pinata :)
The pirate cake - which came from this great website my friend Brandy shared on her blog

goody bags
(brown lunch bags, pattern-scissors, stickers and some ribbon)
the pinata - i could not believe how well those boys followed instructions! they were awesome!!

ARRRRGH!
(Wes put Walker on his shoulders and was chasing them onto this boat as the 'two headed sea monster')

I am so thankful for our Wyatt.
I love you, birthday boy :)

2 comments:

Kayne and Thomas said...

what a sweet post to the BIG 5 year old birthday boy!!! So glad he had fun at his party!!! We love you tooo, Wyatt!

Bran said...

What an awesome party!!! I love it!