Monday, November 15, 2010

Scissors


"Encourage him to use scissors at home." were among the final words that Wyatt's teacher shared with me before our phone call ended. She had called for a routine progress report on how he's doing in school. I decided to encourage him more in this area as he prefers me to cut things out because he values neatness.

Soooo I've been encouraging him to cut things out instead, daily. He is improving every day at cutting edges straighter, etc.

Also, I (rather impulsively) decided to trim both of the boys' hair last week. Wyatt was very interested in how I did it, how I cut it, and watched when it was Walker's time. Very. Observantly.

All of this came to mind the other day.
When.
The two of them were playing and it became silent. I was actually just coming home from running an errand. Wes was holding Lalla and greeting me at the door as well as a neighbor who stopped by to see if Wyatt could play. All of this was happening at the same time when Wyatt and Walker come out of the playroom and there are blunt snips of hair...just...gone. One right in front, one right at the crown of his head.

We had a conversation about the proper use of scissor and clarified that brother's hair is NOT included in those uses.

And ofcourse, Wes shaved it.
And he was (once again) a trooper.

3 "haircuts" in 1 week

finished product (in the bath)

finished product, dry.
GRRRR

5 comments:

Kayne and Thomas said...

His new crewcut makes him look older!! Very cute!

Bran said...

Awesome story! We all know the typical childhood stories...it's just so different when our kids do them, right! I always wonder how it happens....then my kids do it before my eyes! Ha! Thanks for sharing the story. Love it!

Charissa said...

It was bound to happen, right? Hope it never happens to Lalla as that solution is not as simple! BTW, holy haircut, Batgirl, that bath pictures looks Just LIKE WES!

Lindsay said...

seriously this makes me laugh so hard - walker is the cutest though, i love it! (too bad it didn't happen in summertime though)

Anonymous said...

Boy, can I relate to this post, Sage. He looks adorable. Kamaryn decided to cut her 'eyebrows' the night before first grade pictures. ;-) Theta