Saturday, March 15, 2008

Update on Operation: Paci Begone

Several of you have asked about how that transition has been going so I wanted to be sure and let you all know that we have reached VICTORY! Wyatt is sleeping well both in his big boy bed and withOUT his paci.

I would also like to add that we DID experience nearly two weeks of bedtime/naptime difficulty. While the first nap proved to be false victory (aka, the ease of that first nap did not set the tone for the next two weeks), once we got past the two week mark, a transition had indeed occurred during that time that we witnessed slowly with each new nap, each new bedtime, each new day.

My dear husband reminded me and intervened for me many times in staying on course - persistence - not giving in. Had I been left to my own resolve, I might have actually given in once or twice. So, now that we have moved beyond this and have had a good two weeks since that adjustment, I feel like I can safely say we are doing well - and ultimately God has once again, proven to be faithful to us. He has made this transition (while harder than the bed was) a good one. Important lessons were learned from all 3 participating parties.
My only advice:
when you/if you ever have to rid your child of his/her paci, don't show the sweet one pictures of his/her last day with the paci much less a video of the child getting rid of it. Contrary to my belief, this does not ease the pain. Rather, it only intensifies it!

No comments: