Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The One and Only Alexis Cohen


For those of you who enjoyed American Idol this year...

I have one question.


Where Was Alexis Cohen at the Finale?


As mentioned in an earlier post, we watched every episode this year of American idol. Sigh. Yes, it's over. And yet, I still am posting blogs about this show that has somehow grabbed my heart and impacted my life. It's literally stayed with me daily. I will find myself reflecting on Jason Castro's lovely version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" as I'm scrambling eggs in the morning...or...a walk to the mailbox will remind me, somehow, of Syesha's "I Believe"...but all truly dim in comparison to the fond memories I have of Alexis Cohen.

Why do I like Alexis Cohen so much?
1. she's real
2. she's honest
3. she's a tryer
4. she's inspirational
5. she's candid
6. she's longwinded
7. she's a master at "filler-in-words"
8. take it! take it. take it. take it. take it!
9. she has a plan B
10. she's coined the phrase "all-rising"


So, not only did she leave a mark on me, but she has influenced others as well. So much, in fact that a song has been written, sung and produced in her honor.

The lyrics (unbeknownst to her) are written by her, but the message is truly for all...


TURN YOUR VOLUME UP

5 comments:

Kayne and Thomas said...

That is great!

Susan said...

I love it! You stayed true to your word and made me laugh out loud! I may just have to post a link to your blog on my blog about this!

Kayne and Thomas said...

Very nice. I found two other favs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZMSg5Rlg5Q&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltUn8dFGOp8&feature=related

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thank you,
And Always Be victorious-
- Anonymous