Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Things I Forgot About Newborns...

1. every diaper change has a poop!

2. the size of their diapers = tiny!

3. how many times they wake up at night (last night I lost count after 3!)

4. their squinty little faces (that could be the result from a. gas, b. needing to burp, c. the options are endless

5. their hands are tee-niny!

6. i'm not so nice a person w/out sleep :(

7. they like to hold their arms and legs very close - and that can make diaper changing somewhat challenging.

8. the black stuff in their diapers the first few days - (and for the record the most difficult diapers to change!)

9. that MANY noises they make during sleep (from which I find myself checking the monitor to make sure nothings wrong and only to find, nothings wrong - just a noise)

10. how much they like to eat!

5 comments:

Andrews Family Fun said...

So sweet...I love those noises!

TigerFamily said...

Ah yes...the things we forget after several years:) We too were reminded that I am not a very nice person either with little sleep...very humbling I tell you. I so love the smell of a newborn, nothing quite like it...they hold that fresh bath smell and the "nursing milk" breath...two of the things I love and hate to see go as they grow. Your boys are just precious. Enjoy watching them both grow and the bond they will form. That bond is amazing to watch. Here's to round the clock feedings! cheers. martha

Joy said...

Congratulations Wes and Sage on your little boy! He is so cute!! My son Avery is 4 weeks old and just starting to stretch out his little arms and legs--which does make diaper changing SO much easier :) Your family is beautiful!
Take care, Joy

Jennie said...

I am so happy reading your blog, I feel giddy. I want to bur
st with joy for you and Wes. Your list makes me totally chuckle. And just to remind you, one day that little peanut really will decide that waking up in the night to nurse is not as fun as just sleeping right on through. HA! It just makes your yummy coffee in the morning that much sweeter! Love you girl!

Courtney said...

As I was reading, I just kept thinking about each time I've seen you since Walker's arrival...you're just cool as a cucumber...but I know that the nights are still tough and that energy is low, so it was such a good reminder for me to keep praying for you guys. You're such an amazing Mom...I love to see you in action! Happy Mother's Day today, by the way.