Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Refreshing Friends.

This past Memorial Weekend marked our seventh annual Clemson reunion. What a wonderful time we had together. Coming together with these people is one of the most anticipated weekends for me each year. They are absolutely hilarious, they are amazing parents, very comforting and honest and they are hugely encouraging in keeping on with the journey we are on as believers.

"The Lodge" as our place was named, proved however, to be not-so-perfect in other ways. I will save those tales for another time. We discussed very relevant, imortant topics like American Idol finalists and our most embarrassing moments. Then there was the tubing adventure where most of the crew grabbed intertubes and went down the river, which included very mischeivous and physical pain for some, all of which included some sort of interaction with my husband.

BUT - as I said, or intended to say, that just adds memories to an already "memorial" weekend.


Matt and Jill, Matt and Ash (Eliza), Adam and Stacey, Jason and Cayce, Nate and Su (Bella), Chad and Reagan (Greer) and Wes and Sage (Walker)

The Lodge's front porch

A proud father of his little princess

Jason holding baby Walker

A very attentive Matt watching Eliza as she aims for the wild, toddler world


Jill and Su - beautiful smiles, and Walker - nervous

Reagan and her nearly one-year-old, Greer

Wes talking, Walker, my sweet, precious baby sleeping

Ash and blue-eyed Eliza

Ash and Matt cooking in the flourescent kitchen

lots of laughter - a perfect snapshot of the weekend


Video - A lot of Nothing
(warning: there is not a whole lot happenin' in this video)

5 comments:

Kayne and Thomas said...

Great! I look forward to hearing the stories from the weekend. Also, in the picture of Wes and Walker sleeping - you said "Wyatt sleeping"!

Jill H said...

WOW! My heart was so blessed to see all your faces together. Brings back lots of sweet memories of you all!

Liz said...

I'm so glad you blogged about the weekend. I hate that we missed it this year:( Sounds like it was a great time. So fun to see everyone in the pictures. Love you all!

amyop said...

Sounds like you all had fun! I met Susan! I got to clean her teeth:) What a remarkable person she is! Too bad she is moving:( Hope your family is doing good!

Susan said...

OK, a few comments...
1. I didn't realize I wasn't supporting baby Walker's head in the pic! Yikes!
2. Love the video, and especially seeing the craziness, i.e., shirtless Bella
3. I, too, noticed that you wrote Wyatt instead of Walker
4. I'm anxiously awaiting the Alexis Cohen post... I watched it on Utube along with rhett & link's song- hilarious!