Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fall is my Love Language.






Maybe it stems from my mothers abundance of fall decor or maybe it stems from my love of the mountains, but either way, I absolutely adore Fall. I love wearing Fall colors. I love filling my home with Apple Cinnamon aroma. I love putting a family of pumpkins on my front porch. I love the way the sun reflects itself just before it goes down. I love pumpkin patches. I love the story of the Pilgrims fighting their way over the ocean on the Mayflower. I love to see a tree transforming and showing off its 3 to 4 colors. I love picking the leaves off the trees and giving them to Wyatt. I love that you can't tell where yellow begins and orange ends. I love anticipating Thanksgiving. I love absolutely everything about Fall. Oh, except scary Halloween stuff.
So this was one of those amazing Fall days. Where the air feels sooo good on your skin. And it feels sooo good to be in the sun. I had Wyatt dressed in Fall colors. He was running around, playing in that amazing time of day where the sun's reflection is glorious. He was eating an apple that my sweet friend Emily gave him (which they had picked in the mountains). I was wishing I had a fiddle and a bluegrass band. :)
What a gift we have in Fall. How crafty our Creator is to give us the beauty in this season. When one single leaf has 3 colors.
Amazing.
I adore Fall.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love the fall, too! Your post reminded me of your article that you wrote in SHE a few years ago about Thanksgiving- do you still have that? I would love to hear/read that again! Maybe in a Thanksgiving post or link to it? Great writing Sage!

amyop said...

I am with you on that Sage! People get Spring Fever I geT Fall Fever~