Wednesday, July 28, 2010

38 Weeks

this pic was taken when I was 30 weeks.
The most updated prego pic I have.
This is our friend, Taiter in Florence.

I am now 38 weeks.
A multitude of emotions come to mind when I think of that.
I am in the most unusual circumstances at the moment.
Wes is out of town, on a mission trip.
My mom has both of my boys in Greenville. She always knows what I need.
And I needed rest, greatly!
I have enjoyed a quiet apartment.
Packing, uninterrupted.
Reading.
Nesting.
Preparing for Lalla's "corner" in our room.
Reading.
Have even gotten to listen to several great sermons.
It's been nice to spend some time any way I choose.
But.
I had no idea how my family being away would affect my desires for the timing of Lalla's birth.
Everything in me is saying "Not this week!"
When I have a contraction, I am hopeful it doesn't progress to anything more intense.
Though some have, I am hopeful she doesn't come this week.
I am confident Wes could get here, mom could get here and my children would be cared for during the birth, but it would be nice to not have to factor in those sort of complications.
But we shall see.
The Lord is sovereign.
It is His timing alone.
What can I really do about it?
And I do have comfort in knowing that.

On another note. I have missed
the pitter patter of little feet
little boy laughter at 6:30am (can't believe I'm even saying that!)
Walker, my shadow in the kitchen
Wyatt, my thinker, always sharing his insights with me
Hearing the snap of Trios as they build things together
Their sword fighting
Hearing "Walker, do this!"
Hearing "No, Wyatt!"
Tucking them in.
Kissing their sweet faces.

And I have missed:
My amazing husband
His breakfast meals
His comforting voice and words
His morning devotions at our breakfast table
His wonderful company
His wrestling with our boys.
Our family swims.
His insights throughout the day
Oh I love him so.

So, I am hopeful that the Lord will provide a birth for Lalla next week.
But we shall see.
I know it will be His good and perfect plan, whenever it is.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Love knowing you are doing good...resting...reflecting...expecting God to do His great thing with Lalla's arrival....I am praying friend! Love you!

Reagan said...

Yippee! Maybe she will come when I am in Charlotte this coming week.