Monday, July 12, 2010

Sixth Activity

Straw-Blown Paint Creatures

This is my favorite so far! And the boys, too. Actually I saved this one for only Wyatt. My mom has Walker for a few days to provide some special one-on-one with him before baby girl comes - and likewise, Wes and I with Wyatt.

So the three of us actually did this activity together - Wes, Wyatt and I.
We all enjoyed it.

The ziplock bag came with:
instructions
2 plastic containers of paint (blue, red)
a straw (cut in half)
eyes
card stock paper

The instructions mentioned to add water to the paint first. I learned the hard way. The paint is too thick to move by air through a straw unless it has been watered down.

1. Put a few blobs of watered-down paint on the paper
2. Blow air through the straw
3. Add eyes

Wyatt made a fox and a monster.
Wes and I made monsters.

Really, really fun. :)

No comments: