Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pilgrim's Progress (for kids)



This is a wonderful book and I highly recommend it. We've read through it twice. And Wyatt is fascinated with it. It truly is the gospel for young ears. I had never read the (big) book before. I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing Wyatt's response to reading it.

**Also, www.answersingenesis.org/kids/videos has the book put to a series of videos (about 15 min each).
Wyatt has seen those as well and really enjoys them.

He has really enjoyed them and is developing more of an understanding of the gospel.

This became more evident to me when we had this conversation earlier today:

Wyatt: (with his head down, walking, sadly) Mommy, look at me, I'm Christian (character's name in the book).

Me: Well, why are you sad?

Wyatt: I have a burden (the character, Christian carries a big burden on his back throughout the beginning of the story).

Me: Who can take that burden away?

Wyatt: The cross.

Me: Wyatt, that is correct.

Wyatt: That's where Christian went. When he went to the cross, his burden was taken away and he didn't carry it anymore.

Amen.
"Praise be to the Lord, God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens."
Psalm 68:19

No comments: