Thursday, January 6, 2011

Schooling: Public or Home?




Wow.

Just typing the title for this blog entry brings a heaviness with it. I remember when a very good friend was in the exact place I am, praying, talking to her hubby lots, researching and talking to people. Wondering - what is the best option for our child.

So I remember telling her then (when my child was much younger) not to worry about it so much. Even feeling that public school was/is a perfectly wonderful option. The lightness I felt about it then, I crave to have now.

We are in the middle of deciding what we will do next year when Wyatt begins kindergarten. We've toured our public school, a private school and have been looking into homeschooling for quite some time. The private school we looked into is not a financial option for us at this point and so our options are public or homeschooling.

I will keep you posted as we make our decision. I have been 50/50 for a while seeing wonderful things in both and scary things in both. I desire more than anything to glorify the Lord in this. If you think of us, would you pray for us?

"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be glory forever."
Romans 11:36

2 comments:

JTP said...

sage- if you look on my blog there's a link for one I call "tweleve"- my friends Blake and sara Goodfellow are from NC but now in CA moving to peru in january but they have such an awesome view of public school- to help their kids show Jesus to the others in their class. They really look at schooling as a chance/ place to minister to other kids/ families....just something to read through during those late night feedings with your little sweetie!!!!!!!!!!! i'll be praying that the right choice for your family is made clear :-)

The Howell family said...

I'll be praying for ya'll Sage. God WILL make his will known to you. I am still at the preschool stage but began thinking about schooling options when considering preschool. I could not understand why someone would homeschool. Did not make sense to me. But, God wants me to. He has made it clear to me and I can't believe it. I still can't think about it too much because it scares of me!I think that is one of the big reasons God brought us to Beaufort b/c a lot of families homeschool so I'm becoming familiar with it. So, all that to say, He will let you know! Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham is great so far. I'm making my way through it. It makes you think.