Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Siblings

What a rich and full life our little Lalla has.
Much of which can be attributed to that of her siblings, her 2 big brothers.

For their love for her is friendly...

it is sweet...

it is up close...


it is tender...

it is funny...

it is strong...

and very much a mutual affection...

There is something really special in experiencing Lalla's milestones (first roll over, first thumb sucking, first smile, first laugh, first hiccups) alongside of:
her father
her big brother
and her biggest brother
all equally excited.
praising her.
and so. very. proud of her.

Their responses (which are echoes of my own joy for her) truly fill my heart with such gratitude to the Lord. What a gift the Lord provides in a sibling. As I type this, I am compelled to reflect on my own sister and impact that she has on my life. So much of me is influenced and encouraged and spurred on by her very life.
And my past is filled with her.
There is hardly a memory I have without her.
From the hours we'd spend in our playhouse, to our tree, to our hours of Barbie playing...even to the times when she saved my life (3 to be exact).
She is among the greatest gifts in my life.

And the richness and fullness I have felt in my own life because of her, now my children will experience. They will not know life with out each other. They will grow up with this as their norm. They will experience life with the gift of siblings.

Thanks be to God for the indescribable gift He provides in a sibling.

1 comment:

Jill H said...

Just the other day, Davis (19 months old) was laying down in the tub, floating around, happy as a clam. I called Jason in to see him, and along came big brother and big sister to observe too. It was then that Jason realized and said, "no wonder the third kids, when they get older, always feel like they should be the center of attention and sometimes even demand it. here we all are, just staring at him and praising him for every little thing he does." so true. and I should add, Jason and I are both 3rd kids. :-)