Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Andrews Academy...



We've made our decision for schooling next year.
We've decided to homeschool Wyatt next year - kindergarten.
It took me a good nine months of praying, thinking it through, talking to friends who do public, private and homeschool to come to this decision.
Wes had hoped this would be my decision all along - his desire has been for a while that I would homeschool our children for some part of their life.
It took me a while to catch up to his desires.
But I have made the decision and am very excited about next year.
It's one year and we'll evaluate each year for what the following year will look like.

There are many reasons why we've made this decision.
My biggest is that I will be able to teach Wyatt everything with a biblical worldview.
There are many others, but when pressed with the question
"what is the most important thing you desire for Wyatt's education?"
my answer was that he would have a biblical worldview.
So from there, it was easy to work backwards towards my other important things - among the biggest being that he is social.
We are working on a plan to meet some of his social needs.

That being said, I feel it is equally important to address the following -
these are NOT reasons why I'm homeschooling:
to shelter our children
I hate public school (I really like a lot about public school and our kids will probably be in public school one day)

I feel very excited and at the same time humbled. I'm sure we will have very good days and really yucky days where I don't want to teach and Wyatt doesn't want to learn. But even despite the bad, I am pressing on towards what is ahead in great anticipation of what the Lord will accomplish despite both of our inadequacies.

So here's to walking by faith, and not by sight...yet again.
"However, as it is written: ' What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" - the things God has prepared for those who love Him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

2 comments:

Cayce said...

Excited for you guys and the decision you've made. Mostly, to have made the decision..sometimes that's the hardest part!

rita and andy said...

love the name!!! being that I am from Andrews and we only had one private school can you guess the name of the school??? yep Andrews Academy!! Good luck dear sister!
:0)